Tuesday 20 August 2013

DUTIES OF A HINDU WIFE



When two Hindu people marry, it is believed that their souls are joined together for at least seven reincarnations.  The Bride is offered to the Groom by the Gods as a gift and therefore he must treat her as a queen.
A Hindu wife must serve her husband by serving him as she would God.  She must always remain obedient, cheerful and serve him by treating his friends and family with respect and service.  She is expected to dress finely in all of her jewelry when he is present and not to dress up when he is away.  She is not to associate with other men intimately.  She becomes everything to the family.  She becomes the family’s counselor and supporter and maintains a calm within the family.
A Hindu wife is expected to be devout and maintain dharma, those behaviors considered necessary for the maintenance of the natural order of things including duty, and all behaviors considered appropriate, correct and morally upright. This includes worshiping her Gods, observing all religious rites and holidays, and fasting when required.
A Hindu wife is expected to keep her house neat and clean and decorated according to the tastes of her husband. She is also required to serve good meals to her husband and his friends, relatives and associates as a sign of her support of him.  She will eat only after her husband children and family have been served.
The highest purpose of a Hindu marriage is procreation, therefore a Hindu wife has the duty to bear children for her husband, and to love, protect and nurture her them with her whole being. It is her duty to raise her children in the Hindu faith and love and serve them completely.  In return a Hindu husband's duty to respect and nurture his wife,
Once beyond child bearing and raising, a Hindu wife’s duties are to continue with honoring her husband, keeping her faith and her house, and extend to acting as counsel for younger members of her caste and community. Her wisdom and knowledge at this stage of life is culturally valued, and she instructs and guides younger women in their Hindu duties.  If her husband dies she no longer wears jewelry or colorful clothing.  She is expected not to remarry and will lead a chaste life in meditation and worshiping her Gods.

As a White Indian Grandmother I fall short.  It is a goal that if strive for.  My children, Hindu husband and familyare my everything.

16 comments:

  1. Are the duties of a Hindu wife legally accepted in India??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can a Hindu husband seek legal assistance in Indian court if a Hindu wife does not perform her duties??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he should rely on himself more and do things himself. having a wife doesn't mean having a dog

      Delete
    2. Yes having a wife doesn't mean having a dog, if I say to my wife let's both go to work even and save, she says she will stay at home and sit idle.
      I told her if I wanted a maid I would have hired one, I wanted a life partner....s
      And she filed a dowry case against me so yea the husband can't be the dog either

      Delete
  3. What about the duties of a working Hindu wife??

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are not a written law.. Love, respect and faith are mutual and so is good understanding.

    Anyone can write articles about duties and responsibilities..that doesn't become a law or not everyone is obliged to follow those written articles to be a real "good" wife/husband/child/parent or any other role.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinesh Pandey2/19/2020 4:01 pm

    What are the actual duties of Hindu Wife? Is it necessary for a husband to make ornaments for her when he does not have enough money? Can a wife insist upon ornaments in a tempted nature without knowing the condition of her husband. In India the rules in law has given more authority to the women. But some women misuse them. They keep on asking for money for their own sake. If husband does not provide the amount to them, they threat husband to set him behind the bar by saying domestic violence. Due to this law many males are under depression and becomes the slave of their wife. They have to fill all her demands by hook or by by crook. This law must be changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmh... think it might be the opposite.

      Delete
    2. No, it is not necessary for a husband to make ornaments for his wife if it is out of his reach.
      We Hindus have our gods who came to this Earth and taught us how one should live. Sita-Ram are best example of a perfect married couple and they teach us how one married couple should live.
      Go read RAMAYANA for a successful marriage, it will really teach many things to now a day's couples

      Delete
    3. Hindu marriage is not merely about the right and duties of husband and wife,it is all above that.
      To my believe, it is all about balancing every aspects of life and growing to the fullest together. It requires a bigger canvas to paint and brush the colors of live. It is not about playing my part to my extent and your part to your extent. It is not a partnership.
      The Hindu customes and tradition are being followed for years and they were meant as per the thinking of people at that time.They were not exahustive.For example They didn't deal with situation were a wife is having her ambitions and her goal.
      It shall be noted that We are moving from a patriarchal society to a society of equality. As I said it about balance.
      It is also true that husbands are being exploited by the woman and her family members not only in early days but even now. Not in villages or town even in big cities.
      And it will continue till the people thinks that marriage is about dominating one over other.

      Delete
  6. wait, where is all this writtern in ancient scriptures?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If wife is good in attitude, they will feel the house with joy. And if that beast is a criminal like mine she will make her husband's life just like a hell. I say my mother, my aunts even my mother-in-law. My wife is totally opposite in nature from them. She slapped her own mother infront of me just for her anger.

    Even she slapped my 14months girl just she was delaying to sleep. I'm in a hell. If I say 1 world against her, she says 1000. Just gave up and waiting till this bitch die. Nothing to do rather than accepting her attitude because I don't wont to herm my baby girl. Just for my girl I'm just living in my own house of hell.

    God!!! Looking for a way to save my baby girl anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This type of woman are very common in India and Bangladesh. And they just end up either divorce or die in fight. I just can't say anything because of her criminalism. Always threating me as the Women's law is not a actual neutral law for both. The law is made totally on behalf of women. If a man do nothing but a woman claim a crime apon him and can get him caught by police and force him to go to jail. Because there is no such way to proof the man did nothing.

    Finding a good wife is some sort of luck. But there are lots of criminals hidden in bright skin. If someone of these criminals comes in your life, you life will be horrible like mine.

    I was a karate fighter in my young ages. But can't even touch my wife due to the law even she make a serious criminalizm. She always threat me to issue a case against me. Can you imaging how far the situation has gone?

    House is my own, she eats on my earning, sleeps on my own bed in my AC room (and I sleep on floor with my 14months kid on the other non AC room). My mother-in-law came to help me taking care of my baby girl. My mother-in-law do the cooking, cleaning, baby sitting and I help her on other house works. On the other hand my wife keep her fucking mobile phone infront of her face and keeps using that. My baby girl don't go to her mother for any reason. Can you imagine that?

    But I can't say any word against her. Want to know why?

    reason 1: If I'm against her she torcher my kid while I'm outside home for work.

    reason 2: I made a mistake in my life. Just chatted with some girls on facebook 6 years earlier of my marriage and my
    wife found that (after 2'nd year of our marriage when she was just pregnent ). After that she made a seen and
    went to police directly.
    Using a lawyer, she written a stump and forced me sign keeping all beneficial points on favor of her. After
    that I'm leading just like a mouth shut off person. Because I love my baby girl a lot. Can't tolerate her
    cry.

    So all these are happening only due to the criminal mentality of my wife and the fucking women's law of my country.

    Just praying to the God, please kill her anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh well, it means a wife is an unofficial maid.She have to do all the work as if a maid would do and instead of giving salary, a so called husband will feed her enough to survive and do his work continuously. Plus he would get free sex and a nanny for children too.Yes an unofficial maid illusioned as a wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually a wife means a life-friend to her husband. wife and husband are soulmate each other.

      Delete